Sunday, April 7, 2013

Life for the last month!

I feel like I have been MIA the last month, not just from this blog but from church, friends, crossfit, the park, just going out in general. The second week of March we all had the flu, Trevor got it the worst, then Logan and I had it. Dave said he didn't feel quite right, but never threw up. The next week we all went to Virginia to meet up with Dave's family. Everyone was there in his immediate family. It was fun to see everyone and all of us be together at the same time. I know that Trevor had the time of his life being with Jackson and Autumn the entire trip. I felt like I didn't really get to see him! Sorry Edon and Derek if you guys felt like you had a third child....because you kinda did. We were able to go to Monticello, Washington DC for a day, some underground caves or caverns, and to an indoor water park.
Then the week we got home I got a cold, so again I didn't see anyone or go anywhere. Now this week we are all healthy (fingers crossed) and going out to the park, the YMCA, crossfit, and play dates. Yes, I did get a membership to the YMCA to do some Yoga and enjoy the benefits of free child care (included in your membership) so that I can have some much needed time for myself during the day. Dave and I are still training the 6 am class at Crossfit Grinder and then doing our workout at 7 am. The boys are doing pretty good. They are both finally sleeping through the night for the most part. There is still the occasional nightmare with Trevor, or growth spurts for Logan, but overall we are getting much more sleep than we have for the last 8 months. Logan now has two teeth, has started to army crawl all over the apartment, and starting jabbering. He also loves big people food. He just loves it when people are willing to share their food with him. He also loves to hold onto your hands and walk around. Its his new favorite thing. Trevor is becoming my big helper. He wants to help me do everything, like vacuuming, feed Logan, and empty the dishwasher. He has become quite the mama's boy lately, he has to be right by my side to do everything, thus he's a "good helper". He still loves gymnastics. His class just ended, but he won't stop talking about it so I think we will sign him again. He just thinks its so awesome to go somewhere that he's being told to run and jump. 
Now for the pictures....warning there will be a lot!

 These kids had the time of their life on our little family vacation. They played all day, everyday. 
 We went to an indoor waterpark and the kids loved it. It was pretty fun, I think most of the Brough's loved it because they didn't have to worry about the sun, but I must say I did miss the sun while playing in the water! :)

 We rented a minivan for this little road trip so that we could all be in two cars together. It was kinda fun to drive something else, even if it is a MINIVAN! Dave was not sure how he felt about having a minivan. It makes him feel old...but we do have two kids and he's not too far away from turning 30. Trevor liked the minivan mostly for the DVD player and that he could watch 4 movies in one day for the drive there.
 At the waterpark...Logan and Aunt Kelli
 There was plenty of ice cream on this trip thanks to Grandpa Brough. Trevor loved it!
 These 3 were seriously inseparable. So cute.
 Grandpa Brough was kind to watch our kids one night so we could go do a workout together. This what I found when we got home...Logan asleep and Trevor running around in his diaper! :)
 Attempted family pic at Monticello...Thomas Jefferson's home.
 After coming back from the workout, Edon, Kelli, and Trevor did some yoga.  Pretty awesome!

 The day in Washington DC


 Ice cream....yum yum!
 One of my favorite parts was meeting up with my amazing cousin Jenna and her husband Carl. They are so great and I was so happy we could meet up with them for dinner and ice cream! I just wish we could have spent more time with them, but some time is better than none! 

 We did a MEGA zip line. I don't think there was anything mega about it, but it was fun nonetheless!
 These kids got a pretty intense bubble bath!
 We let Logan have his own bath in the sink so we didn't lose him in all those bubbles!
 Logan is also 8 months old....really almost 9 month, but I did take this pic when he was closer to 8.
 Love that shmush face smile. Notice his two teeth on the bottom?
 Trevor is really into dogs lately, and there are lots of dogs in the south!
 Grandma Brough brought a surprise for the boys, a castle! Its a hit!
 Easter Morning! The boys are digging right in! Trevor found Logan's basket first and had a minor meltdown that it was his basket, but then he found his own and everything was okay.

 Trevor with a mouthful of candy...
 ...and Logan stripped down to enjoy a sucker!
 He's excited about a toothbrush!
 And two boys just enjoying there Easter candy! It was a good time :)


2 comments:

kelli said...

hahaha. we had such a good time with you guys! love this family of ours. :) that zipline dude photobombed EVERY picture! it kind of craps me up. also, trevor and the dog is the CUTEST picture. love you guys!

Mama Meeper said...

Your boys are so adorable! Miss you guys so much! I hope we get to see you this summer;)