Thursday, May 2, 2013

April

It has been almost a month since I last did an update! Sorry, I swear it doesn't feel like that long. And you would think I would have a bunch of pictures but no, not really, and April is an eventual month for us! We started off with my birthday and a visit from Grandma Brough. Then we had our 6 year anniversary! Still can't believe its been 6 years, other than the fact that we have two kids :). Lastly, it was Dave's birthday. We really didn't do too much to celebrate, but we did go on 3 dates this month! That's a record for us since we moved to Atlanta. I just started a babysitting swap with another lady in our ward that has two boys the same age as my boys. This babysitting swap is probably the best thing I have added to my life since moving to Atlanta. We swap twice a week, once during the day then again for a date night. So whoever watches the kids during the day, then goes out that weekend for a date night. It is so nice to have time during the day to myself to get things done uninterrupted, and to have a date night with Dave.

Anyways, about these cute boys. They are doing really good. 
We are all finally getting a full night of sleep, well mostly. There is still the occasional nightmare for Trevor, but Logan is doing great sleeping from 7:30 to 7 and Trevor is about the same unless he decides to take a nap then he usually won't go to sleep until almost 10. 

Logan absolutely loves real food, he can't even contain himself when we are eating. He LOVES to eat our food. He is also such a Daddy's boy. If Dave is home, Logan just wants to be with. Dave can't even put him down to play. But with me during the day, Logan will play happily all day and a hardly even make a peep. Logan thinks that Trevor is hilarious! Logan will watch Trevor run and run and just laugh at him. Trevor also really likes to make Logan laugh and entertain him. Its so great for me, because they are keeping each other entertained!



A few weeks ago I was changing all the pictures in the frames in the boys' room. I had all the frames laid out on my bed trying to decide how to arrange them. Then Trevor took the frames one by one and I kept wondering where he was taking them. Then he came back with the last one and said mom I need a nail. I was like, what? Why do you need a nail. So I following him and he had hung up all the pictures on the existing nails (where the pictures were hanging). The problem was that there were only five nails and six pictures frames, so that's why he needed another nail. Since he did such a great job hanging up these pictures, I put another nail in the wall so he could display his work. I thought he did pretty good and he was really proud of himself! Here is his work, and yes the pictures are still like this, except I have straightened them out a bit!

Our friends took us to the Atlanta Zoo a couple weeks ago. It was so fun, and a lot of work, well for me, not for the kids. Trevor loves petting and brushing the sheep. We went with Trevor's friend Finn (who is on the right). Trevor and Finn get along really well and they both love lightning mcqueen and race cars. And I really like Finn's mom, Erin, so its a win win for all. Erin also has a little girl, Liv, who is almost a year older than Logan. So they don't really play, or at least not yet.

 This is what I mean by a lot of work, trying to take two boys on the carousel, each on their own seats and they are moving up and down at different times. Trevor wouldn't let me let go of him and Logan is way to little to sit by himself. 

 We had spaghetti for dinner and this is how Trevor turned out!

 Logan is a drooly mess!

Trevor was sleeping and covering his ears. You can't tell in this picture very well, but he had his ear folded over and was pressing it into his head. 





3 comments:

Tiffany McLelland said...

So glad you and Dave are getting some date nights! Love those boys. Can't believe how big they're both getting!

kelli said...

oh my gosh--those movies are hilarious!!

facetime us!!!

kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.