Thursday, May 19, 2016

The year of Logan and Savannah

This school year I had the pleasure of having Logan and Savannah home with me all the time. There were some days that were challenging, but it was mostly fun and full of making memories. Savannah was taking two naps per day, so that had us tied down to the house most days, but we did get some adventuring in when I felt Savannah could do one nap for a day. Even though we were tied down to home for naps, those naps gave me many opportunities to spend one-on-one time with Logan. Some days we would go for a walk around the complex (one of Logan's favorites), we read a lot of books, watched some shows, did finger painting, coloring, and some napping. 
Savannah has been our happiest baby, in terms of very little whining and complaining. She has also been the most scheduled/structured baby with nap times and eating times. There were times that the schedule was hard to keep and she didn't cooperate very well, but if we stayed on the schedule she was mostly happy and playful when she was awake. She also hardly fought going to sleep, until she was ready to give up one of her naps. It was a very different approach with her, but overall I think it went pretty well. I just always felt like she was either sleeping or eating. The first year of her life she was sleeping between 16 and 20 hours per day. I felt like I never saw the girl! But when I did have those waking moments, she was happy and content, which was really fun!
She loves avocado! And making messes with food in her hair.

Logan is so great. So full of spunk, humor, and rage!

The boys wanted to get this hat that says "Girls Rule" for Savannah. I didn't really want the hat so I took a picture of her in it instead. Pretty cute!
One of the last fun things I was able to do with just Logan and Savannah was go to the Atlanta Zoo with some friends. Logan loved running from animal to animal. His favorite was watching the gorillas play together.



And Logan really wanted his picture taken by this snake!

No comments: