Friday, February 6, 2009

Papa John's Pizza


Last night, Dave and I, well okay it was mostly me, decided that we wanted pizza for dinner. We have tried Domino's and Pizza Hut before, we had never had India Papa John's pizza. There was only one that was even remotely close to our hotel. I knew it would take about 30 minutes to get there and same coming back. It was about 6:45 at this point, and my beloved Friends was coming on at 7. I asked Dave if he would go to get the pizza for us so I coud watch Friends. You must understand that Friends is the highlight of India. It is on for an hour and 1/2 every night. It is the one thing I look forward to. He very willing went to get the pizza. Little did I know that traffic was horrible going that direction so it took about an hour and 15 minutes to get to Papa John's. WOW! Its maybe 10 miles away...it may not even be that far. Then on top of that it took about 45 minutes to get back to the hotel. I was very grateful for the pizza and Dave's efforts to get it for me. It was surprisingly really good! It tastes just like Papa John's in the U.S.! We had pepperoni pizza with regular breadsticks and cheese sticks. The only thing that was a little weird was that they gave you ketchup for dipping sauce. I know its all tomato sauce, but just didn't have the same flavoring as pizza sauce. They did have garlic butter and that was delicious!

4 comments:

Mandi said...

mmmm. papa johns! there should be a warning when coming to your site that there are pics of delicious food. ANYWAY, india? wow! I have looked at some of your pictures of you there. its amazing! I hope you are having a good time!

Kait said...

Kendree, I didn't know you have a blog, I hope you don't mind me finding it. I looks like you are having so much fun in India!

Kelly and Megan said...

Hey Kendree! I found your blog from your Facebook profile. I hope you don't mind me sneaking a peak. You guys look great! I had no idea you are in India. It looks like you are enjoying it. You'll have to tell me all about it! Oh ya, ketchup for dipping breadsticks doesn't sound yummy!

Unknown said...

Hi Kendree,
How are you? I was going to send you an invite to my baby shower, but we are doing it on the 19th of March and you don't even get home until the 20th!!! :( That is a bumber. I hope all is well with you and Dave. I am glad to see that you two are liking India. Talk to you later.

Chelsey