Sunday, March 1, 2009

14 days....

I only have 14 days until I am back in Utah!!! YAY! Before this wonderful journey ends, Dave's parents are coming this Friday. We are so excited to show them around and watch their reactions to India culture. It should be a good time! We will be going to the Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur to begin the trip. Then they will be coming back to were we have been living in Mumbai. We may make another stop in a city called Pune, but we will see what we end up doing. I am so excited to come home to Utah and stay for at least a few months.
Last week I went with a friend, Darylann, to a school for street children. These kids may or may not have parents, they may or may not have a place to call home, but they do have this school to go to where they have friends to play with and some food to eat. Darylann prepared some activities for them to do that taught them about their hands. They were really fun to watch as they tried to understand our English. At the end, we had them wash their hands with soap and water. They all came running back in the classroom smelling their hands. They were amazed at how good they smelled! I would not be surprised if they had never washed their hands with soap. Isn't that amazing? I was really grateful for this experience. It is quite humbling and reminds me of all the abundance that I have been blessed with in my life. I plan to go again this week and see those cute children. I think we are going to teach them about circles and bubbles. We may even try to wash their hair with shampoo to make some bubbles ;)! We'll see how that goes.

4 comments:

Hans and Chelsey said...

Sounds like you are going to have a blast with those little kids. I think that would be a lot of fun to do that. Are you going to be home in time for my baby shower then on the 19th?

Hans and Chelsey said...

Sounds like a plan. I can't wait to see you. I would love to hear more stories from your stay in India. Anyway, see you soon.

Chels

Karissa said...

yay! we're so excited you're returning soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kendree, you are sooooo grown up!! It's been a long time since I last saw you, how is everything? You're in India - very neat! Keep in touch!