Dave and I had a great Christmas and New Year's. It was nice to have a bit of a break and take it easy for the last week or so. Dave decided to just work half days last week, which was really nice to be able to spend some time together. We've been lazy mostly, sleeping in until 10 and just lounging around until noon, then thought about getting dressed after lunch :). Yes, like I said lazy, but nice to really take it easy and just enjoy it for a moment. I think these days of just the two of us are shortly coming to an end.
We did have the opportunity to go with Dave's family downtown to see the lights on Temple Square and also walk through the Church History Museum. We have been enjoying Dave's sister in town with her husband, Derek, and their son Jackson. They live in Buffalo, NY but came home for Christmas. It always fun to have them around and be able to spend some time with them.
We also went to Winder Dairy with my family for scones and hot chocolate. Kinda of a silly tradition but we go every year with Uncle Ted and Aunt Leslie, just for a night out together and a good treat! One other tradition with my family is having spaghetti dinner with the Johnson Family. They are like my second parents and we love when we can spend time with them and their four boys.
And one tradition Dave and I decided to start this year is collecting Christmas books. Every year we will purchase a new Christmas book to read on Christmas Eve. This year we bought the book, It's a Wonderful Life. It was fun to read and to finally start our own traditions. It may be cheesy but it works for us and we thought it will be fun in 20 years to look back and see all the Christmas books we have collected.
2 comments:
I love the new tradition that you two are starting. I love the traditions that you can call your own. Sounds like everything for the holidays went great. Hans and I enjoyed seeing you at the party. Take care and make sure you keep us updated more... Lol : )
Chels
Good to hear from you in the blogging world! It will be nice to hear updates from you guys since we don't get to hang out ever!
Post a Comment