Saturday, August 18, 2012

Logan Jay Brough

Logan Jay Brough arrived on July 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM. He was 7 lbs 10 oz and 19.5 inches long. My due date was July 23, but I was scheduled to be induced on the 17th because we are moving to Atlanta and I could not go over my due date, and my doctor said she was fine to induce me a few days early as long as my body was making progress. Well we had progress, I was at 3 cm and 80% effaced when I got in that morning to be induced. We checked in the hospital at about 8 am then they started the pitocin about 9 am. Dave and I started a movie and just hung out for the next couple hours. My doctor came in about 11 am and broke my water, after that everything went fairly quickly. When she broke my water, I was about 4 cm and 90% effaced. After that, I could not really have a conversation anymore because I needed to focus on my contractions and breathe through them. Like with Trevor, I wasn't planning on getting an epidural.
I would have a handful of contractions then have the nurse check me, every time she did I was dilated another centimeter. By 12:45 my doctor was there and figured I was getting pretty close. I was at 8 cm and almost completely effaced. Within 15 minutes I was 10 cm and completely effaced. Time to start pushing! I knew it was almost over and I couldn't wait. Once my doctor said I could push, I pushed once and his head was out. My doctor said to slow down, but I needed to get the baby out so one more push and he was here.
I was so glad it was over. I think this delivery was easier than Trevor, but oh man I did not want it to last long. Once I was having pretty strong contractions all I could think was I really don't want to do this again, but thankfully it was too long before it was over. I felt so good after, and it was kind of different to have him so early in the day because we could have visitors right after and have visitors that evening too.
Trevor was a little nervous when he first saw me and the baby, but within a few minutes, I asked him, "Is this your baby brother?" He immediately said with a big grin "Yeah!" Melted my heart and I am so grateful that he was excited about him. He loves when Logan sneezes and loves to rub Logan's head when he is sleeping.
I can't believe how much faster the recovery was this time around. I wish somebody would have told me that usually the second baby is a little easier delivery and recovery. I feel so good after having a baby, I do think that is partially because I did Crossfit the entire pregnancy!

 First weigh in...
Trevor joining us at the hospital to celebrate Logan's Birthday!
 First Family Pic
Trevor was super excited to hold the baby
 Trevor's scary face
 Bath Time!

 Logan loved having his head washed.
His eyes rolled to back of his head once the warm water touched him.

 And a birthday hat for the birthday boy! Thanks Aunt Edon!
 Look at that chubby face!
 All dressed and ready to go home!
 Trevor and Logan ready to go home!

3 comments:

kelli said...

AAAHH you're baaaack!!! ha ha ha. I missed you for a year. :)
Love those little boys! and you guys. :) I'm so so glad it was easier! And that you feel so great after. That is one of the most tempting reasons for me to do crossfit..... maybe in a few years when we're ready for babies ha ha ha.
love this! please don't disappear again...? (you only have 2 kids and a move to deal with- it's no big deal..)
I love that you were only thinking how you "didn't want to do this again" when you went into the hospital ha ha ha. That's real encouraging for me.... ;)

Hans and Chelsey said...

I am so glad that I got to hear the story. Seems like I can relate now that I have done an almost natural birth with Lydia. OUCHY!!!!!!! But you are right you feel so much better afterwards. Congrats Mama

Karissa said...

I love the family pic where Trevor is holding Logan...so adorable!
And, the one where Trevor is making the scary face is the funniest thing ever!