So just a few updates....
In the last month we have played with a lot of monster trucks and watched a documentary on monster trucks about a thousand times. Monster trucks are Trevor's new love in life. He wants to buy one every time we go to the store (a problem I may have created). He wants to watch the 'ster truck show. He calls them 'ster trucks, he doesn't quite say the "mon" part.
We also having a growing baby...as of August 22 he was 10 lbs and 4 oz. The 60% for weight, 80% for height, and 50% for his head. I swear Trevor didn't grow that fast! Logan is pretty much in all 0-3 month clothes, most of the newborns are too small. I think I may have even put him in a 3-6 month outfit tonight.
We had lots of people bring us dinner the week Logan was born which was so awesome and so kind of our friends and family to help us out! One night we had lasagna and Trevor loved it! As you can see he made quite a mess but he definitely had seconds, maybe even thirds!
Trevor got to ride in Grandpa's racecar several times in the last month and he thought it was great. He also really likes to look at this picture of him in Grandpa's race car.
We blessed Logan on August 5, 2012, Dave's last Sunday in Salt Lake. Dave did such a good job. I still can't believe that we have now had two baby blessings for our little family. I still remember Trevor's blessing as if it was just a month or two ago.
Trevor has been so good with Logan. He is usually very soft and nice to him. I say usually because Trevor is still a two year old and will sometimes forget that Logan does not like monster trucks to be driven on his head.
Probably one of the bigger updates, is that we have officially moved to Atlanta, Georgia. All of our stuff was loaded into these two storage units and shipped to Atlanta. We barely had everything fit, even after two yard sales! We really tried to downsize because we have moved to a much smaller place than what we have lived in for the last 3 years.
We said goodbye to this house that has been our home for the last 3 years. I can't believe we lived there that long, but oh how I enjoyed it. A big thank you to Dave's Grandma and Grandpa for renting us this place. We loved the area, living with all the old people in the neighborhood, and let's be honest, probably the nicest place we have lived and will live in for most of our marriage.
We were able to sneak in a trip to Lagoon with my parents and brothers, thanks to my Dad! Trevor loved going on all the rides. He thought it was awesome that he could drive airplanes, helicopters, boats, and bumper cars! Logan was so good and just hung out mostly in the stroller or the baby bjorn.
Trevor was so happy to be riding on the train!
I think the bumper cars were his favorite. He would bump into other cars and yell "CRASH" then laugh hysterically. He ran on that ride at least 5 times in a row.
We went on Grandpa's boat with my family and Trevor was not so interested in the water, but Grandpa did let him drive the boat and he sure loved that. He still talks about driving Grandpa's boat. Trevor and Gage sat together most of the day and Gage was sure to hold onto Trevor's life jacket. It was so cute.
Logan did great on the boat. He seemed to like his life jacket and slept most of the day away.
Trevor always wants to Logan with "both hands".
I love these sleeping boys!
and of course Trevor has to sleep with his monster truck!
We said lots of goodbyes. Trevor said goodbye to his best friend Jet. He has already talked about Jet everyday since we have moved and we've only been here since Thursday. He sure loved to go to Heidi's house and play with Jet. We will miss our good friends!
Our first Saturday in Atlanta, we ventured out to the Martin Luther King National Museum and the Coca Cola Factory.
Trevor liked the yellow coke truck.
Proof that Logan was at the coke factory. Don't worry, I haven't given him any coke....well at least not yet!
But Trevor on the other hand, was sure enjoying tasting the 65+ flavors available in the coke factory. His favorite was Sprite! In fact he was so excited about the sprite he came running over to me with a cup of sprite and slipped in some spilled soda, landing in the sticky mess, and dumping his sprite all over his head. It was funny and sad all at the same time.
And lastly, we had our first Sunday dinner in Atlanta all by ourselves. We had a pork roast, sweet potatoes, carrots, and grapes. We also don't have a dining table yet, so Trevor's little table is working just fine for now.
Overall I think we are enjoying Atlanta, sad to be away from friends and family, but excited for this new adventure!
2 comments:
Thanks for the update! I've been thinking about you all. We miss you, but hope that you're all doing well. :)
I am so glad that you settled in nicely. I love that you posted on your blog as well. I miss you laughing at me all the time. Hope all is still well with you guys. Congrats on Logan and Trevor is so cute!
Chels
Post a Comment