Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas Time!

Christmas was really fun this year! Trevor was so excited for Christmas to come. He woke up every morning asking what day is it, how many more days until Christmas, and always moved his advent calendar another day. Both of the boys were really excited about getting a REAL Christmas tree. They thought it was pretty exciting to have the tree loaded on top of our car. Trevor could not wait to get the lights and ornaments on the tree and of course, Logan was right behind him. Seriously, Christmas with kids is the best!

 We did some fort building. Dave had built a fort with one blanket and two of the couch cushions for the boys. I was wondering what he was doing, and he nervously responded I built them a fort. He thought I might be mad for making a mess, but I was like no I will build them a real fort. So the building began, furniture rearranged, and lots of blankets later, these boys got a fort they could sleep in! I loved building forts as a kid and sleeping in them. I was more than happy to let my boys do the same, well at least Trevor. Logan still needs his own bed but one day they will sleep in their forts together.

 We made a little trip to a light display and festival thing at Life University, a chiropractic school in Marietta, just north of us. We had a pretty good time running around and singing Christmas songs together.


 I love when this happens! When they both fall asleep at the same time, I consider this a blessing in my life. 
 These two silly boys on Christmas Eve. We had just gotten home from a friends house for Christmas Eve dinner. It is different not being around family for the holidays. We have had very mixed feelings about it. We really miss all the excitement family brings, but we were kind of excited to try this whole Christmas thing at our own house. Luckily, technology makes it easy to feel like we are with family even if they are fall away.

Christmas Eve
 Santa came. These boys are sure loved by so many people. We can not even express how grateful we are for such great families that give us so much. These boys were so spoiled and loved every minute of it! We had a long day of opening presents just one at time and then playing with them for a while. 
We did a gingerbread train for FHE the Monday before Christmas. We did a train, well because we have boys who are really into train tracks and race tracks. A gingerbread house would have been fine, but we found a train and knew that would be better for them. Logan was the destroyer though. Mostly it was Dave or I helping Trevor build the train while the other entertained Logan. Logan is out to destroy everything and smiles while he does it! Totally Dave's child :)
 Of course we got some batman pajamas from Grandma Canham. My boys are looking pretty good!
 They got bikes from Grandma and Grandpa Brough and luckily it was a nice sunny Christmas day so we took them out for a ride. Needless to say, they loved it! Now instead of going on walks down to our tennis courts, we go on bike rides. Its a little tricky to get them both there safely, but I think I've got it figured out :).

 We went to a friends house for New Year's Eve. There was a total of 8 adults and 7 children, but all of the kids were suppose to be asleep upstairs. All of them stayed asleep except for this little guy. Actually, Trevor woke him up because he was screaming to go potty, then Logan couldn't go back to sleep because he didn't know where he was. So he stayed up with all the adults.
 New Year's Day we went to get Trevor a helmet for his bike. It was a hard decision between a dinosaur helmet and a lightning mcqueen helmet. But with some convincing about the Lightning Mcqueen helmet matching him bike, he decided that would be the one. He had to wear it as soon as it was purchased. He's pretty great. 

 Sleepy boys. 
 Another night of fort building. Daddy was working late so we decided to build a fort and put on a movie.


1 comment:

Kelli said...

ah-- these cuties!! love you guys!