Monday, January 13, 2014

Trevor

Trevor
Trevor is so much fun right now. He is my biggest helper and lover around. He constantly will say to me, "Mommy, I love you." I cannot get enough of it! He is so sweet and kind. Along with that, comes all his energy too! He never stops. I think he could run for one straight hour and still not be tired. Just today, we went to the YMCA and I finally gave in and let him run on the track. He was so thrilled! We stayed in there for about 20 minutes and he did not stop running. He just kept telling me to come to the starting line, then ready, set, go! I would run slowly to stay behind with Logan, then he would yell, "Mom, I'm the fastest car in the world!" Seriously, best 20 minutes of my week so far. I cannot say in words how much this kid enjoyed those few minutes on the track.

Some funny things Trevor has said lately,
He walks up to me touching his eyelashes and says "Mommy, do you have feathers like me?"
Dave took him on a bike ride and they were coming down a slight hill, Trevor starts screaming, "This is the fastest road I've ever been on! This is awesome!"

So I want you to imagine the scene in Big Daddy when the little boy gets taken away from Adam Sandler and the boy starts yelling, "but I wipe my own A**, I wipe my own..."
Trevor was using this same tone of voice when we were talking about him sleeping our bed.
Trevor: "But Mom I'm medium. I just really want to go up there in your bed."
 Me: "No Trevor, its only for Mom and Dad. There's not enough room for 3 people in our bed."
Trevor: "But mom, I'm just a kid. There's room for 2 people and a kid."
When I'm writing this out, it doesn't seem as funny, but in that moment I was trying really hard to hold back my laughter when he told me but mom I'm medium. He's pretty great.

He's really into numbers right now. He loves to check the weather. During Sacrament meeting we look through the hymn book and say all the hymn numbers on each page, one by one, and he totally loves it. He has to count everything. He mostly wants things in sets of 3 because that's how old he is. Even when we are trying to show him words to spell, he immediately tells us how many letters are in the word.

He always reminds me that he is my big boy. Sometimes I refer to both of them as my little boys and he kindly corrects me that he is my big boy. He's got a big heart and is always so concerned if people are sad, especially me. Sure love this big boy of mine!



1 comment:

Kelli said...

hahahahaha oh my gosh. that kid. he's so crazy! love him to pieces!