We took a little overnight trip up to Chattanooga, Tennessee and Rock City. We went with some of our friends who have two boys almost the exact same age as our boys. We have all become really great friends and its nice to have playmates for the boys.Our first stop was the Chattanooga Choo Choo which is an old train station that's now turned into a tourist place with restaurants, hotels, and tours. It was a fun stop for the boys to climb around on the trains and run around. We took a trolley tour around the property which was short and sweet.
Our next stop was Rock City, Tennessee. This was really fun! Its basically like a rock village kinda thing. There's just a lot of rock here so they made it into a hike/activity place. It took us a couple hours to get through the whole thing, but it was a good adventure and fun place to see.
They had some water you could sift through for "gold". Logan absolutely loved it and was occupied for 45 minutes. Trevor liked it for about 15 minutes and then decided he needed a rest.
Trevor taking a rest.
I feel like I haven't said much about Trevor lately so here's a little update on him. He is still very adventurous and wants to do anything that involves jumping off tall things and running fast. He went to a birthday party a month or so ago and it was an Olympic themed birthday party. He received an award for winning: Duck, Duck, Goose; Relay Race; and Car Racing. He is still VERY fast.
He is quite emotional and is very aware of how others are feeling. He always concerned if everyone is happy and if you don't look happy he will ask if you are crying and why.
He loves to be "as a family", which means Dave, me, him, and Logan are all together. He also loves to "love" which means a group hug with whoever is in the room.
His favorite primary song is "Latter Day Prophets" and he always chooses it for Family Home Evening.
He loves numbers and adding them together. He will constantly ask how many are there, what's its number, and loves to check the weather.
He's starting to sound out his letters and really try to sound out words. Not that he's reading, but he's realizing there are words and is starting to notice them when we read with him and will sound them out as we go.
He likes to remind me that he is my big boy and Logan is my little boy.
After our busy weekend in Tennessee, this little guy was exhausted. I found him asleep on the couch at 10:30 am. He normally doesn't nap until 1:30 but I guess he just couldn't make it.
Logan is really starting to talk and he repeats anything you ask him to. He's growing so fast! I can't believe he's almost 2. He sure has a big personality, and I love watching it come out more and more.
Logan loves yogurt! I think he would survive on fruit and yogurt if I would let him.
1 comment:
Yay for the Broughies!! I love all of your updates :) your boys are getting too big! I'm so excited to see them god summer!
Post a Comment