Friday, May 9, 2014

Washington DC beginnings...

So we have been in Washington DC now for 2 months...and I haven't blogged one time. That's pretty sad but I do have a pretty valid reason if you ask me, our internet is sooooo slow! It took almost 40 minutes to upload these few pictures for this post. So I do have lots of adventures to share, but its going to have to wait until we get to Utah on Monday!!! That's right, this Monday. Wahoo!!!

Anyway, this is how we started our trip to Washington DC. We moved completely out of our apartment the day before we left, stayed with some really good friends that night, and headed out after breakfast the next day. Seriously we have some really great friends in Atlanta. I sure miss them!
These boys were so ready to go our summer adventure to Washington DC and then on to Utah.
Looking good in those shades!



 Logan only made it about 20 minutes in the car. This boy sometimes could kill me with sleep deprivation. He gets up so early every.single.day. No matter what time he goes to sleep, he's always the first one awake at our house. And of course he wants to take an early morning nap, just as everyone else is ready to go for the day. But, he's pretty happy all the time, so I love him anyway :).
 These two boys did SO GOOD on the 12 hour drive to DC. We only had to make 3 stops, once for lunch, once for dinner, and once for potty and gas for the car. I was pretty impressed there was no whining or complaining. I'm sure grateful they travel well.
 Our first few days in DC were a little rough. I got pretty sick, just a head cold but it really sucked and we didn't know where to go or what to do. But we did hit up the "T" store aka Target a couple times to check out the toys. These masks were a hit. Its funny that I even dressed them in the same clothes that day. Can you tell who is who?

 We went for long walks everyday to get out and enjoy the sunshine. The first few weeks here the weather was amazing. 70 to 80 degrees everyday. Can't complain about that!


 Trevor still really likes to stand on any sort of platform or rock on walks to get his picture taken.
 Logan insists on wearing his glasses upside down. Silly boy.
 Our hotel has fresh baked cookies every night at 7 pm. We definitely did that every night the first week, but we've slowed down a bit :).

Dave's CRAZY hair! Trevor wanted to put Dave's hair in a ponytail. It wasn't quite long enough for one pony tail so we settled for three. 

 So proud of our work!
 Just a sleeping little boy with his new rescue bot. 
More adventures to come....

4 comments:

Tiffany McLelland said...

Dave's hair just kills me!! Can't wait to see you guys!

Katie Lynn Goudie said...

Ha! I love it! And I love Dave's hair! So fun! :)

Hans and Chelsey said...

I feel your pain on the internet. I don't blame you either. Love all the pictures, even if it did take your forever to load them. I think they are worth the wait. Also, I love Dave's hair as well. How long are you in Utah for?

Kelli said...

baa ha ha!! his ponytails are 10x better with the thick, curly hair!! so happy you guys are in town. and can't wait to see you tomorrow! love you tons!