Saturday, December 12, 2015

All the things we do in December

I decided I would make stockings this year for our family. We had previously been using dollar store and stockings and I wasn't going to go buy another one for Savannah. I had always wanted to make stockings, I just couldn't decide on what I wanted them to look like. Dave helped me decide what to do. We decided the top bands would be the same for the boys with the green fabric, then the girls would have red. We wanted to stick with the very traditional red and green colors of Christmas. 
Dave caught a quick picture of me working on the stockings.
Stocking #1 complete, this one is Dave's. I went to the fabric store at least three times to get fabric and I brought it home and let Trevor and Logan pick what they wanted. Trevor also decided what Dave would have, the trees!
Our sweet girl turned 9 months old! She weighed in at about 18 1/2 lbs. She's pretty average for height and weight, right around 60% and 98% for her head. 


I love her whole face smiles.
One afternoon while Savannah was napping, the boys and I built them race cars. This is one of the silliest things we do, but they really LOVE it! As soon as one of them said they wanted to build race cars, the other was off to the kitchen to get all the cups and bowls they could find. 
The boys had a great time pushing Savannah around in the cozy coupe. Perfect way to keep them all entertained and playing together.
We were decorating Christmas cookies for our Stake Nativity Festival at church. 
Our good friend Katy had her annual girls cookie exchange. Its always fun to have a girls afternoon and bring home a variety plate of cookies that I didn't have to make.
For family home evening we went to a friends house for cookies and milk, then we headed over to someone's house in our ward that had their garden pathway lit up. We had a great time running through the pathway and seeing the lights. Luckily, Savannah fell asleep on the way over, so Dave and I could just play and run with the boys. So fun for all of us!

I actually got Logan to hold still AND smile for a picture. 
And I couldn't get Dave OR Trevor to hold still for a picture, so these are a little blurry, but still cute.



And by the way, I think Trevor has a Kroger sticker on his forehead. 

The completed stockings...
from left to right, Mine, Logan, Trevor, Savannah, and Dave.
I hope by next year I can embroider names or at least initials. 
Enjoying a snack.

Elder Holland was coming to the Atlanta area to speak to all the women in 9 different stakes. Dave couldn't leave school early enough to get home before I had to leave because of traffic and such, so we decided to meet at the stake center. The stake center has a great soccer field and pavilions in the back so I decided we would go for the afternoon and play. 

Giving Savannah kisses.
Puckering up!
Oh Logan! He had been asking for a bath for an hour or so, but I kept telling him not yet. Next thing I know he is out on our back porch completely stripped down and sitting in the sand box that had about an inch of water. He really just loves to be in water. There's no stopping him if that's what he wants to do. It was also only 45-50 degrees outside when he did this, and he didn't even seem to mind!

No comments: