Monday, November 30, 2015

Oh the month of November, Oh How Grateful are we!

Our Miss Savannah Rae turned 8 months old! Starting to be a bit mobile, but not crawling yet. She mostly spins around in a circle on her bum. She also rolls around a bit and pushes herself backwards.


She's thinking about crawling, just not yet.

I went to check on Logan after putting him down for a nap, and I couldn't help but smile at how his fingers were interlocked. So funny! and cute! 
Oh this Logan of mine. He is never short of entertainment. He is always into something and always has his next move planned out. We went to the park the day after several days of raining. We all REALLY needed to get out of the house. He, of course, finds the one mud puddle and HAS to play in it. He was the happiest boy at the park so I just let it happen. Sometimes I get really tired of trying to figure out how I am going to clean up after my kids, but I do love seeing the face of pure happiness. Those are the moments I hope they remember as having the time of their lives. After this trip at the park, I had to throw those shoes away because I couldn't get the mud off or the stink out. It was a sad day because he loved those batman shoes, but you win some and you lose some! 

Also, we went to this same park a week or two later, and Logan kept asking where his mud puddle was. He was so sad it wasn't there again. Haha!

So one night Dave and I came upstairs to get ready for bed and found Trevor on the hallway floor like this (minus Dave's red shirt). We think he got up to go to the bathroom and was just too tired to finish pulling up his pants and make it back to his bed. We DIED laughing when he saw him. Never a dull moment at our house.

Miss Savannah Rae dressed in a very frilly, southern outfit, or at least as much as I can handle.

I was able to have a fun girls weekend and go to Time Out For Women, sponsored by Deseret Book. These two ladies have become some of my best friends. Cristy (left) and Allison (middle), moved to Atlanta just a few months after us. Cristy has two boys the same age as Trevor and Logan, and is expecting another boy in February. Allison has two boys just younger than Trevor and Logan. We have had so much fun getting all the boys together to play and becoming good friends along the way.
That weekend we got a hotel and took a much needed break from our kids, even though we stayed up way too late and didn't take advantage of the opportunity to sleep. It was still a great, refreshing weekend.



Sitting peacefully....
then we pull our self up....
and now I'm scared and I don't know what to do!
Oh Logan, Logan...
So one day I was helping Trevor with homework and Logan comes running to me with an empty bottle of hand soap and proceeds to tell me he dumped the whole thing down the sink. He's speaking and smiling as if I should be so proud of him. I went to the bathroom with him and tried to explain we don't dump soap down the sink and not to do it again. He gave me a confused look like, "but I thought I was doing such a good job." Then I left him in the bathroom (1st mistake), to go put Savannah down for a nap. As I came down the stairs after that, Trevor came running screaming, "Mommy there is water running down the hall!" Sure enough a river of water was running down the hall. So I go to the bathroom, and there is Logan with the sink plugged and the water faucet on full blast. There was water EVERYWHERE!!!! And not just water, but soapy water. Because remember he has just dumped the soap all over the sink. So needless to say, that bathroom got a really good cleaning that day. All thanks to the fantastic mister Logan. He really is fantastic.
He had to sit in that spot until it was all cleaned up. I would have had him clean it up, but he loves water so much He probably would have continued playing in it until the whole how was covered in water. Instead I made him watch me clean up his playground.
Under the sink...and the floor of the bathroom.

After bathroom for our little Miss.

BEFORE
White grout has not been my favorite feature of our house, but
 I do love the before and after cleaning pictures.
AFTER

And yet one more story about our Fantastic Mister Logan. 
One day we were getting ready to go get Trevor from school. Savannah needed a diaper change, so I took her to her room and took care of that. Then I needed to use the bathroom so I left her in her room to play while I took care of that (mistake #2). Logan was upstairs "playing" or so I thought. When I got out of the bathroom, I went to get Savannah and her door was shut AND locked. She was locked in her room. I immediately yelled for Logan and asked "Did you lock Savannah's door and close it?" He very calmly replied, "Yep." I will say Logan is a very honest child and is never afraid to tell the truth. So as I got the tools to pick the lock and maybe unscrew the door knob, I'm sure I was not-so-calmly telling Logan, "You do not lock doors, and you do not lock your sister in her room. She is a baby and she can not be locked in a room by herself." I ended up taking the door knob off to get her out. And we even made it on time to pick up Trevor. Blessings I guess!
She was still as happy as could be once she was saved from her room.
Dave playing with Savannah. She is SUCH a Daddy's girl. 
If he's home, she wants to be right with him.
Trevor is pretending to be a dinosaur with my boots and high heels. Pretty dang funny!

At the park.

Sometimes I ask Dave what he's going to get a job doing. For a long time, his response has always been, "I'm just going to be awesome." Mostly joking. 
But we came up with this "AWESOME" job title. 
I realized I don't say much about his progress in school on the blog. He is nearing the end, at least there is a faint light at the end of the tunnel. We are hoping he graduates this year and he has started applying for jobs. So far all of the jobs he has applied to are on the West Coast. He is looking for Data Scientist positions with Technology/Research based companies. 

Trevor has been really interested in Legos. Anytime he has a chance at a friends house, he goes right for them and builds anything he can think of. His first masterpiece, an airplane that can be a race car. I wonder what Santa could bring????

For Thanksgiving, our friend Katy gave the kids this little kit to make hats for pilgrims and indians. The boys had a great time making them and playing with them on all morning.

We had Thanksgiving dinner with some friends from church. It was nice and low-key. The house we went to had a trampoline in their basement, so the boys stayed perfectly entertained!
Savannah in her pilgrim hat.


I am so grateful I have the opportunity and blessing of being a mother. It is incredibly challenging most days and I am exhausted. But they make me feel every emotion every single day. Its amazing how kids can make you feel like you are in heaven and hell all at the same time. They truly are amazing little spirits of our Heavenly Father. They are my favorite things in my life and I love watching them grow and learn, sometimes I think it happens too quickly. I can't really put into words how they have helped me grow and become closer to our Savior. There is a quote that comes to mind, "You sacrifice for what you love, you love what you have sacrificed for." Or at least something like that.  Sacrifice and Love are so connected and I'm honestly not sure which comes first. But I do know that I love them way too much, and in some moments I feel like there is so much I have sacrificed for them, but then as time passes it doesn't feel like a sacrifice at all. It only feels as if it is all worth it. 
  
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Trevor wore his indian feathers ALL day! Pretty awesome!

Dave took this picture to prove that I sleep in the middle of the bed....I think he has plenty of room!
Okay maybe not, but he rarely complains.
I am really grateful for him. He is the best husband for me and puts up with all of my particularness (not a word, I know).  I am grateful he is happy and cheerful almost always, even when he could choose not to be. He works hard and is always willing to spend time with me and our kids.  
Logan prefers sleeping on the floor vs his mattress lately. And not just the floor, but the tiny space between the top of the mattress and the wall. Which it makes no difference to me as long as he sleeps there all night long!


No comments: