We left Georgia on July 31st around 7 pm. We left at the kids bed time so we could get a good chunk of the driving down while they were asleep. My dad was total trooper and drove through the night. My mom and I only drove for an hour each on the entire 35 hour drive! My dad was a huge help! The kids did really pretty well on the drive considering they were locked in car seats for so long. I think Logan did the best. He never complained. He ate when we stopped for food, he would only need to go potty when we were already stopped and he fell asleep when he was suppose to. Trevor did mostly pretty well too, but got a little stir crazy a couple times. Savannah was the hardest to keep entertained but overall she did great too! We left Sunday night, spent Monday afternoon and night in Omaha NE, then made it to Salt Lake by Tuesday night. We made really good time considering there were three kids and all the variables that come along with that.
When we left Georgia, Dave had accepted a job in Phoenix, Arizona. We sent the moving truck with all of belongings to Phoenix and Dave and I had a trip planned the first weekend in August to meet in Phoenix and look for housing. When we arrived in Phoenix, Dave informed me that he had been interviewing all week with a company in Fort Collins, Colorado and they wanted to fly him out for an interview the following week. This was quite the news since we were already in Phoenix looking for a house and ready to possibly buy a home. So after our weekend trip, I went back to Utah and Dave went to Colorado. I was in Salt Lake for a day, then I drove to Fort Collins to check it out while Dave was there interviewing. I was able to find us a house, a preschool for Logan, and locate the-all-important Target and Costco. I sure loved Fort Collins after spending less than 24 hours there. I could see all of the things we wanted and had hoped for coming to pass there. Dave would have a short commute, our house is right next to the elementary school, there is a brand new Temple, lots of members of our church, a great family community, and a crossfit gym just 5 minutes away. There were so many things that fell into place to be in Colorado. We were sad to have committed to a job in Arizona and then turning it down, but overall we are really thrilled with how it all worked out. We both know that the Lord's hand is in our lives and know that he has the power to make things work out for our benefit. We are so grateful for that knowledge. There were so many times while Dave was in school that I would doubt that life would really work out and it would all be okay. On the back end of graduate school it makes me sad that I ever doubted. It has definitely been a lesson for me about faith. Faith is a powerful thing and we need faith in order to recognize the hand of the Lord in our lives and all that he blesses us with. Faith provides the knowledge that he knows each of us individually and what our heart desires.
The kids were saying goodbye to our sweet neighbor Ms. Rhonda. We absolutely adored her and she loved our kids so much. She always welcomed them with a smile and let them know how much she cared about them. We sure miss her!
Sleeping on the drive
After the long overnight drive we stopped at a hotel in Omaha Nebraska. I let my parents go take a nap and I took the kids to Outdoor World to let them run around a bit. They loved all the ATVs. They loved trying to see which one would fit our family best.
As we were getting ready to lock up the moving truck, Dave locked his finger in the lock and preceded to say, "And I have a Ph.D" Pretty awesome.
More drive time....Are we there yet????
Going out to dinner in Phoenix
Something that was very coincidental and kind of funny was that our rental car in Phoenix had Colorado license plates. We took that as all things pointing to Colorado!
No comments:
Post a Comment