Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Little Brough Boys

Some of the funny things Trevor has said to me lately...
-Mom be amazing! (said this in the grocery store)
-Oh mom that will be awesome!
- Me: "Trevor what do you want for lunch?"
Trevor: "umm...ummm....Coke"
Me: "No, we can't have coke for lunch."
Trevor: "ummm...coke for munch...ok?" with a big smile
-Trevor so funny!
and of course
-no jammies, Trevor be naked! with a nodding head

Logan is doing pretty good. He is so mellow. He likes to be held and see whats going on but he is a really good eater and sleeper. He is now sleeping 6 to 7 hours at night, which is so nice for me! He does spit up quite a bit, sometimes I wonder if he has little acid reflex, but he never acts like he's in pain, he just is constantly having some spit up leak out of his mouth. He has started smiling and giggling a little bit. He likes to be talked to and interacted with. He also kinda prefers to be put in his bed to go to sleep versus being rocked to sleep. I think I have mixed feelings about that. I really enjoy rocking my babies, which he will let me rock him, but if I put him in his bed he's asleep so much faster! Sometimes it is nice that I have either option because with Trevor there are times that I can't rock Logan to sleep when he's tired.

I walked into Trevor reading books the other day. So cute and makes me smile that he likes to read because there are days when I feel like all he wants to do is watch TV. This was refreshing to see him find something to do on his own.
 We read books a lot! I usually read the same two or three books 10 times during the day then Dave reads another two or three books about 5 times before bed. His favorites lately are Green Eggs and Ham and the Critter books by Mercer Mayer. 
  There are times that I try to hide Logan on our bed between two pillows so that he can take an uninterrupted nap. This picture is one of those times. Trevor loves Logan to be awake and if he knows that Logan is sleeping then he will scream in his face, "Wogan wake tup!"


 I really like the outfits in these next couple pictures...maybe I just like stripes. Logan sure is getting big. This first picture is a 3-6 month outfit that I think Trevor was wearing when he was 6 or 7 months old. Yeah...Logan is only 2 Months old!



 I love these little jean shorts!


 We went to Six Flags on Friday for Georgia Tech night. It was ok...the kiddie rides were pretty much closed except for this car ride and Trevor loved it! He stayed on this ride for about 3 hours while Dave and I switched off to go on the roller coasters. The best part is that we did get free bounce back passes so I think we will be using those one of these next weekends so that Trevor can enjoy other rides!

 So Trevor has an obsession with leaves. EVERY time we go outside he picks up almost every leave he can find. I am really nervous once they start coming off the trees more so than they already are. 




 Trevor with all of his necklaces. 

 A Sleeping baby...love this!


 Logan is officially 2 months old as of the 17th! I can't believe it. I sure do think he's pretty cute though.
 And of course Trevor has to get his picture taken with Logan.

 Got them both to smile! :)



 I went to the ward play date last week at an awesome park. I was so excited to find a park for Trevor. I think he's been going a little stir crazy in the house and maybe I have a bit too! 
This park is great because it has turf for flooring, a fence all the way around, and two different sections with lots of slides and swings. The weather has also been quite fantastic. 


 One of Trevor's many leaves...
 He can do this rock climbing wall all by himself! Be impressed :)


 And another leave...
 Silly Trevor. I was getting him ready for bed and he wanted his shirt as hat. So for the nightly "naked run" he had a shirt for his hat.


 A paleo dinner? What? How did this happen to me? I must say since moving to Georgia I think we are eating much healthier than I ever have that's for dang sure. I thought I would give the paleo thing a try and see if it really does make a difference in the way that I feel and if I can improve at crossfit. But I think it will only work if I can figure out how to give up coke and chocolate....hmmm...still working on those ones!
 For family night we did some painting. I had an old picture frame that I wanted to reuse but needed a different color, so I let Trevor pick the colors! Wow I think that was brave, but it turned out ok. He chose blue first and then wanted to paint it red. So its kinda a purpley thing now, but it will work until I decide to change it with spray paint. Trevor thought the painting was pretty fun.


Well that's all for now! Please post comments if you love us!

8 comments:

Karissa said...

Ha! Trevor's nightly naked run cracks me up. Logan is getting so big already! He has such a cute smile.:)

*The Thomas 3* said...

I can't believe you just up and moved... AGAIN! You guys are awesomely crazy! It sounds like you're managing things amazingly though! I still can't believe you have 2 boys! Find a soccer team out there and keep playing so you can play when you come back! :)

Unknown said...

I love it!!! :) Logan is getting so big!

We miss our Broughies! Looks like you're having fun out there though! Keep up the paleo diet and work out for me too would ya? :)

Hans and Chelsey said...

Hey love the last line. I have posted a lot of comments now you are blogging again. That must me that I love you a lot. Or miss you a lot. ORRRRR both. What do you think? I will have to look into some really healthy dinners and lunches and breakfasts... Any good recipes? Anyway, you are awesome and I still love you even though I haven't seen you in forever.
Hey stop by on my page and comment too if you still love me. ;)

Anaelay said...

The picture with both boys smiling is priceless! Too cute! Thanks for the update. I need to be better!

kelli said...

Jordan and I both loooved this. LOOK AT YOU BEING A BLOGGING MACHINE!! I couldn't be happier about it.

Trevor. Is seriously hilarious. "coke for munch..ok?" *big smile* gah!! he kills me.

That is so interesting baby Logan loves to just be laid down to fall asleep fast..! It really is too bad--rocking babies is the best.

Trevor reading books--cutest! (a brief hiatus from "watch..dump...truck..show")

I love that you "hide" Logan in the pillows!! Jordan died about "Wogan wake tup!" and we keep saying it to each other and just laughing. We miss you guys. :)

I can't believe Trevor stayed on that ride for 3 hours..!! Dave's smile is pretty great in that ride picture.. haha. Not forced at all...! Awesome you got a bounce-back--take more pictures of that one!

My favorite picture is his face holding that leaf to the camera!! hahaha. And the brother pictures. CUTEST.


Super awesome about that park--and that your ward has a playgroup! AND that it's a good time! So many great things. :) Jordan died about Trevor's shirt hat--looked at that picture for like 5 mins! haha.

And look at you eating so much paleo!! Sorry I ruined talapia night options while I was there... haha! Looks delish, though! (besides the fish)

ha! That is adventurous letting Trevor pick your frame colors.. but man that picture is sure cute! I love your FHEs :)

There's a novel!! Hope you enjoyed it ;) If I leave the longest comment does that mean I love you the most? (it does) hahaha. There was so much to comment on! It couldn't go unnoticed. Keep blogging please!! I am loving it. :)

Love and miss you guys!

Sarah and Jeremy said...

your family is perfectly adorable! what little studs you have there!!

Tiffany McLelland said...

We love you!! I can't believe how big Logan is!!!! I love his cheeks, and am glad he's been an easy baby for you. I think it's so cute that Trevor loves him so much, he wants him to be awake all the time. Hilarious that you have to try to hide him to let him sleep. Glad you guys are enjoying it out there, and cudos on the paleo thing. Keep the posts coming.