Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Missing our FHE

I had to post this just in loving memory of our long held tradition of family home evening with these lovely folks. We miss ALL of our family and friends so much. That is definitely the hardest part about being away.
I am so grateful for the habit that our FHE crew started for us. For the last 3 1/2 years we were having dinner and somewhat of an FHE lesson every Monday night. Still blows me away that we did it for that long, but we loved every minute of the crazy things we did, how late we stayed up, and all of the cooking we did together. These people have taught me so much about being committed to this, cooking a meal for many people (even though they watched me fail at this several times), and enjoying everyone for who they are. I look back and think about how much just this one simple thing taught me. 

First there is this lovely lady, Kalee, who is rockin' in this awesome outfit that we found at Ross. From the looks of this you would think she was straight out of Jamaica! Oh how I love her energy and creativity. She always had the best object lessons and games for FHE. She also was very talented at cutting produce, I mean seriously she's amazing! 
And of course our Uncle Alex, who will make anyone and everyone feel welcome and loved. The biggest teddy bear I know. I could always count on him to put my babies to sleep and give me a big hug when I needed it. He will also always be the first to let me know that my cooking was either delicious or completely terrible. Which I do appreciate the honest opinion, well most of the time. :)
And the El Stokers. Mark and Heidi are always there and ready to help. They always had smiles on their faces and were content to be doing anything. Mark was great for a spiritual moment and always finding a way to play basketball, football, or soccer in the house. Heidi was so great to be a second mom to Trevor. She was always helping me so much! Oh my did she know how to bake some delicious goodies! And she always had some to share. Trevor misses Jet so much. He talks about his often and really wants to go to Heidi and Jet's house to play. We will hopefully in a couple months. 
Oh the Ereksons....how great are they! Monica can make some of the best salads and she is sure to always have one for every meal! Which I can now say, I think we have a salad almost everyday and I am pretty sure it is because of her. She is so great and is always willing to feed a crowd. And Mike, always a good time. He could always put a smile on my face. Sure do miss those crazy, spunky, fun-loving Ereksons.

And of course, we will never forget the awesome Halloween party of 2010!!! 
Still one of the greatest parties ever! 
Of course, the boys trying to get a video game in even though 
they were suppose to be watching the baby boys.
Beautiful Kalee
Jet and Mark at one of the many FHE's
Mike and Monica with Trevor
The Lovely Heidi
All three of the babies born in 2010
Jordyn March 17
Jet April 13
Trevor May 25
Sure do miss those FHE nights! Dave and I talk about it all the time and how much we miss our weekly visit with good people and good food!

2 comments:

Kalee said...

We miss you guys like crazy!! Love you to the moon and back! xoxo - the Faamoes

kelli said...

Ohh, man that's fun.
I know we sure appreciated the times we were let into this tight-knit circle. Always a good time. :)

Your family misses you too!!