Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Remember, remember




The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

~ Ruth Hulbert Hamilton


I just saw this quote somewhere, maybe pinterest or a blog. I think I need to remember this when I feel like the house is a mess and my kids need my attention. That quote is so true, my babies are growing so fast.

Just look at Logan! I swear he grows after a nap!
He can sleep anywhere, sometimes I put him down to help Trevor 
and I come back and he is passed out. He has really been such a good baby, 
super chill until he's hungry then he lets you know he is not waitin around for his food!
This kid and his goldfish, he was asking me for them a few weeks ago and I told him we didn't have any at home. So he asked me to go to the store and get some. Since he asked, I thought I could get him some, but now that's pretty much all he wants to eat!
Enjoying his goldfish!
He also likes to get them himself which created this disaster! He of course had to pour them right where the crack is between the stove and counter top. Good thing I took this picture to remind me that this is kind of funny, just at that moment I did NOT think it was that funny.
Yep, half the box is on the side of the stove.

We finally made it to the library this week for Trevor to get some new books. He is in Heaven! He got books mostly about dump trucks, garbage trucks, planes, trains, cars, ya know, anything that moves!
And again, Logan's asleep. He was awake when I put him there and when I got back he was asleep!

Check out his blonde hair! He looks bald in most pictures,
but he really does have some hair that is pretty blonde!
Ok, so here's a story about Trev man. We were getting him ready for church and we were trying to convince him to put on some brown shoes for church. He very calmly told us, "No, Trevor wear red shoes for a minute." With a little nod saying come on please. How do you tell him no, when he actually says it calm and polite? So we let him wear red shoes to church, not really that big of a deal anyway. He sure makes us laugh with some of the things he comes up with.

Getting ready to go to a new park we discovered that has a sandbox! We took a bucket and shovels to build some towers!
Tower building...

You can't really tell in this picture, but there was tube for him to crawl through that had a slight incline in it that he was having a hard time getting through. So I showed him how to hold on to the circles to pull himself up. He was pretty excited that he could do it all by himself.

Right after coming down the slide on his belly. He is having a good time.

He found a good seat right by the train...

Some smiles from Logan....

Just cheeks...

And a smile...
I took Trevor to library this week for "Terrific Twos story time". He got to shake a morroca (? don't know how to spell). He wasn't quite sure what they wanted him to do. He stood there with his hands in his pockets for a while, then they got out the bubbles and he thought that was awesome.

Trevor wanted Logan to sit with him and share his blanket.

This has become a nightly ritual. We down to eat dinner (yes we are still sitting on our kitchen floor to eat) and Logan falls asleep on my legs while we eat.


6 comments:

Katie Lynn Goudie said...

Logan is getting so big... Which reminds me how big Rose is getting too! Love the picture of Trevor and his marraco! Miss you guys!!

Unknown said...

What would i do without this blog!!! Those boys are groing too fast! I got Logans birth announcement in the mail today and almost cried :) Super cute and i love all the pictures! We miss you!

Unknown said...

AND ps, who created the food monster.. trevor must like his goldfish like mom loves oreos??.. I think so!

Anonymous said...

: So sweet. It's good to see you guys are doing well. Miss you!

Tiffany McLelland said...

The boys are getting so big! Thanks for blogging so much. It really does help. Ari pointed at the goldfishh pic and said, "Trevor! Fishy!" Now she's saying, "Trevor! More!" So cute. We miss you guys!

kelli said...

ha ha ha I'm so glad you took a picture of that goldfish mess. because really--it's only infuriating in the moment.. right?? we love our stories in this family! this'll be a good memory for ya. love trev at story time!

jeans and jacket weather huh?!? What is it--feeling down to like 90 degrees with that humidity?? Downright balmy! ;) hahaha.

love it!! love yoooou!!