Thursday, October 10, 2013

Short Trip to Bear Lake

While in Utah we made a short trip up to Bear Lake with the Kim's (Dave's cousins). This is one of my favorite spots to go. They recently put in grass and its amazing up there. I just love it. I'm glad we got to go up there even if it was only for a night. It was quite the adventure to get there. We didn't leave Salt Lake until after 6 pm and my kids were not so excited about the 2ish hour drive there. Luckily, we had Grandma Brough and Dave's cousin Jana with us to help entertain the kids. And Trevor said he had to potty about 3 times so of course we stop every time and it wasn't until the last stop that he finally went. So we thought we were in the clear, but we were just coming out of the canyon and could see the lake when we got a flat tire. So this 2ish hour drive turned into almost 4 hours. I was trying to change the tire and not making much progress, when a big truck full of men/boys stopped and changed the tire for us in no time! So then we were on our way. We got to the camp just in time for some s'mores. Then Saturday Julie headed back to Logan to get the tire fixed and was gone most the day. It was not very cool that getting a flat tire took so much time. I felt bad especially because I was driving and it was not my car. But it was nice to have someone to help and not put my kids in the car for another couple hours to get the tire fixed.

I didn't get too many pictures, but I know my kids enjoyed it too. Its such a fun place, maybe next summer we can plan a longer trip up there.




1 comment:

Kelli said...

oh man that's pretty cute. so fun!