My family came to visit us in Connecticut. Grandpa and Grandma Canham and Uncle Kyle and Kole came to stay for 10 days! We tried to make the most of it and do and see as much as we could fit in. Our first stop was Woodstock, Vermont to see the Billings Historic Farm again. Then we headed to Sharon, Vermont or the birthplace of Joseph Smith. We did that all in one day. On day two we headed to Cape Neddick, Maine for the day. We found a nice small beach to play on and enjoy the sunshine. We found a seafood restaurant for dinner and cute little ice cream shop for dessert. On day three we headed to six flags once again. Saturday and Sunday we spent in New York City. We did a Big Bus tour to get an overview of the city and see what was there. It was hot and humid and a little uncomfortable to be on that bus but we sure did get to see a lot of the national landmarks there.
Checking out the cows at the farm in Woodstock.
The monument at the birthplace of Joseph Smith.
It was so beautiful there! And the weather was perfect that day!
And this sweet girl was definitely a trooper. She only complained for a few in minutes in the car, but really she was so good with all the driving and traveling around. I am so grateful she is easy going.
Side of the road pit stop. Trevor and Logan were pretty lucky because Grandma Canham got them their very own LARGE slushie before our car ride. They absolutely loved it! But then Trevor had to go pee every 30 minutes on the 2 hour car ride. It turned into a longer car ride than 2 hours, but adventurous.
On the beach in Maine Savannah hung out with Grandma in the shade.
Logan is our little fish and he loved playing in the water and the sand. I think the beach is where my kids would live if they could. They are always so self entertained when we go to the beach.
Those goggles are pretty awesome.
Beautiful view of the town of Cape Neddick, Maine.
Logan hanging out in the sand. I love my spunky, full of personality little boy.
Building a sand castle with Uncle Kole and Grandpa.
Heading out to the water...and then running away as the waves come in.
Toes in the sand with Grandma.
Looking good all around.
Some cool shells we found this way on the beach.
It was hard to convince Kyle to carry Savannah around, but at least its documented.
Grandma was the queen of putting Savannah to sleep.
Enjoying the crazy cars with Uncle Kyle.
We took the commuter train into New York City and made it to Grand Central Station. I still can't believe how many train terminals go in and out of there! Its so crazy!
All of us before we knew what we had gotten ourselves into.
The architecture here is so impressive considering it was built over 100 years ago.
We found some BBQ corn on the cob from a street vendor and Trevor was super excited. Corn on the cob is still one of his favorites.
In the middle of Times Square.
Naps all around.
On the Big Bus Tour.
Waiting for a boat to take us past the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
Looking back at the city from the boat.
Statue of Liberty.
I'm pretty sure this is Wall Street. I think I had a bigger expectation for this, much smaller than I expected.
The good luck bull.
So happy in the morning after a long day in New York City. We spent a night in a hotel so we could get right back to the city sooner than later.
Near our apartment in there was a park with a exercise trail with different stations to stop at and do the exercise. We took my family on it for some afternoon fun.
Reach and touch your toes!
Box jumps on tree stumps. I was actually pretty impressed with Trevor jumping on his stump all by himself with two feet. I have seen adults be afraid of jumping on a box half that size.
Push up station.
Balancing act.
Muscle ups on a swinging square board...harder than it looks.
Trevor requesting a picture on his rock. He has really become quite the silly boy. Usually pulling a face or doing weird things with his hands when I tell him to smile or say cheese.
Dave, my brothers, and I went to CrossFit one night while my parents stayed with the kids and we came back to this sweet baby passed out on the futon. I sure love my squishy baby.
A beautiful pond at the blueberry farm.
We went picking blueberries on a hot summer day. It was so hot that day! I'm almost sweating just thinking about but I'm glad we did it.
I convinced Kyle one more time to carry Savannah. He was so thrilled.
Just giving those blueberries a taste test.
So many blueberries....
After lunch on their last day in Connecticut. Savannah was always sleeping on Grandma. Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment