Savannah hanging out while we unpacked the trailer.
One of the first things we did when we got home was give the boys haircuts. I didn't take out clippers over the summer and they went one time to get haircuts. It was just way to much money to go again, so we just waited until we were home to cut their hair. They looked a little rough, but we made it.
Logan dressed up as Iron Man.
One of our friends, Cristy, lives right by our pediatrician and we had lots of doctor's appointment when we got home. So we had some playdates at her house. The boys absolutely love her house because she has two boys the exact same age as Trevor and Logan.
Then at home we continued the dress up party. Trevor dressed with all the accessories he could find, Iron Man mask and hand, ninja sword, Incredibles suit, and Captain America boots.
Now Logan's turn. Most of the same gear but he opted for the Batman mask.
These boys were TIRED for the first week we were home. I think they were relieved to be home, especially Logan. Towards the end of the summer he kept asking to go home to his circle house in Georgia. We are home at last!
Reading books at bedtime.
I also got a haircut. I chopped about 8 inches off! And I love it! Its so much easier and I feel like I can actually wear it done occasionally. It was just getting too long and I was always wearing it up in a nasty bun. We sent this picture to a friend who wanted to see my haircut, but I don't do selfies so Dave helped me out.
We made a trip to our favorite park ever, Morgan Falls! Everyone was happy to be there again. Savannah was loving the swing and watching all the kids play.
Logan was loving the swing too and going as high as possible.
I love this picture.
Trevor really wanted to build the scooter in one of his books. Logan and Savannah were napping at the same time so it was a perfect opportunity to build the scooter for Trevor. He definitely knew what he was looking for and was the "project manager". It all started with a coke bottle we had in our fridge. He said, "First, you need to drink the coke then we use the bottle to make the fan for my scooter." He very patiently waited and watched me enjoy a coke. He didn't even ask for me to share, which was amazing. Then we had to cut out triangles from cardboard. Then we used yarn to tie them all together. He was directly the whole project. It was pretty fun to see him be so excited and have a creative project come to life.
Building it was really fun and he couldn't wait to ride it, but he rode it once down the hall, then said "Can I watch a show?" I was like, really kid we just spent an hour building this and you ride it once? Oh well, I guess the important part was being together and making something together.
So cute.
We went to a birthday party at the pool. It was so fun! They had a beach front pool so Savannah could sit and play in the water. They also had a water umbrella that boys could run in and out of. There was lots of pizza, yummy snacks, and drinks. It was quite the party and fun afternoon!
The boys were really excited to have their bunk bed back. And Logan opted to sleep on the floor, in the corner. This is definitely not the first time we have found him like this, and probably not the last.
Dave snapped this picture because we were matching in black shirts.
Pretty sure Trevor asked to have his picture taken here, and would not smile. So serious!
Savannah has mastered rolling over and she is usually asleep on her belly. I love a sleeping baby!
Trevor has finally figured out quiet time. Over the summer we attempted quiet time everyday in the afternoon. He finally likes it and is actually quiet! He will usually just grab a bunch of books and look through them. Occasionally he grabs his magnets or another quiet toy. I am so grateful for this! Life changing for me.
And of course we had to go to Chick Fil A. We were missing it all summer!
They usually pick ice cream over the toys.
1 comment:
Ohh, my gosh. My babies...!!!! I miss you guys...! Is it Christmas yet??
Post a Comment