Summer is in full swing. The kids have been keeping me real busy and I'm having a hard time keeping them fed and entertained. The boys went to Vacation Bible School the first couple weeks of summer. They had a great time and it was good timing for me because I was still doing physical therapy. I finished my physical therapy in the middle of June and could start running again.
Trevor read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Matilda in the first two weeks of summer. Grandma Brough sent him the movies for those books so the boys got a couple movie afternoons to see how the book compares to the movie.
Logan has been loving Trevor being home with him. He doesn't want Trevor to do anything else except play with him. For the most part they play really well.
Savannah is slowly growing out of a nap. She still takes them, but not always everyday. Its a weird stage to be in. Everyone is potty trained and soon we won't have nappers. After 7 years of diapers all day and naps everyday, it makes feel weird about it being over.
I took the kids to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. It was kind of a long drive, but worth it. The kids had a good time and there were lots of exhibits. There was a health exhibit all about our bodies. We spent most of our time there. I really love taking my kids to museums and watching them explore and ssee new things. I am grateful we can all enjoy it together at this stage.
We did a science experiment at the museum testing household cleaners vs bleach and which one kills the most bacteria.
I took the kids to the park on the morning of June 19th. It was a beautiful, cool, clear skies kind of day. Not long after we got there the boys ran off to the splash pad without telling me. Savannah and I gathered up our things and went looking for them. Sure enough they were knee deep in the water. I asked them to get out and explained that we cannot stay because they didn't ask and didn't tell me where they were going. We all headed back to the play ground. I found a table to sit at while the kids ran off to play. After about 10 minutes, Trevor came back whimpering and saying he really hurt himself. He was holding his left arm and didn't want me to touch it. I told him I needed to see it so I could see how to fix the hurt. After a brief examination, I could tell it was broken. I quickly gathered out stuff and the kids so we could head to the emergency room. We spent a good portion of the day there doing X-rays and getting the bone reset. He first had a splint and then got a cast a week later after the swelling went down. They had to give him a sedative so they could reset the bones without him in pain or remembering. The procedure went well, but it did take him a while to wake up afterwards. Almost 2 hours later he finally came to and the doctor said it usually only takes 20 minutes for them to come back. I am grateful he will heal, but sad that this happened to him. He is a brave little guy.
Trevor had a few limitations with only one arm, but its been fun to see how much Logan is willing to help him and serve him. Its been fun to hear the conversation and direction given by Trevor. They both rely on each other already but this is definitely increasing that bond.
I took the kids to the splash park quite a few times this summer. It was a perfect place for a hot day. They could run around in the water and there was a great shaded spot for me that I could see them where ever they went.
Savannah's friend Eleanore. She loves her!
We had to say goodbye to some of our good friends at the end of June. The Murdock family moved to Billings, Montana. They had six boys, which included two sets of twins! We were able to see them quite a bit in the month of June trying to help them get ready for their big move.
They day before they left I had two of the boys with me all day and we said our goodbyes by getting slushies from sonic!
No comments:
Post a Comment