The kids and I enjoyed the first week of January at home. We were all getting over being sick, but found lots of things to do at home.
I have been attempting to french braid Savannah's hair. It's still a work in progress, but its fun to try and practice.
The boys got some puzzles from Grandpa and Grandma Brough for Christmas so we spent one evening putting the puzzles together. I love puzzles and I love doing them with the kids. Its fun to see them be interested and capable of doing puzzles.
One of our friends from the gym has kids a few years older than ours and she has been getting rid of some of her toys lately and passing them on to us. We got a kitchen and some play food from her. Logan and Savannah both enjoyed having the new kitchen. They especially loved "making" the pizza.
Dave and I have been trying to take the boys to CrossFit on Saturdays to work out. They usually love it! This particular time, the owner had his dog at the gym and Logan was very distracted. Or rather, really enjoyed playing with the dog much more than working out. Logan really loves all dogs. When we go to a park or really any public place and he sees a dog, he will run and ask if he can pet the dog. He just loves dogs!
Trevor and Logan hanging out with Biddie.
Since Logan has a summer birthday, his class celebrated his half birthday in January. When he is center of attention, he will just lean back in his chair and soak it all in. He absolutely adores having Happy Birthday sung to him and knowing its all about him.
One day after school the fifth graders at Bacon Elementary created a cardboard arcade for all other grades. Trevor was so excited about the arcade and could not wait to go play. As soon as I pulled up to pick him up after school, he immediately reminded me it was the cardboard arcade and that we needed to hurry up and get inside. Luckily even Logan and Savannah could participate. They all had a great time playing silly little games and winning fun prizes that were as simple as a piece of candy or Pokemon cards. Trevor and Logan came home with at least 100 Pokemon cards and that was for sure the highlight of the evening.
The kids were on a kick of rearranging the table and chairs to make a tall stage. Savannah would walk along and make up a song to sing. Savannah has been making up her own songs. One night at bedtime she sang a song about why Jesus died.
We went to Cafe Rio for dinner one night and it was a little chilly outside and inside the restaurant. Logan was in a great outfit of shorts, a hoody, and snow boots. He was freezing so Dave gave up his coat to keep Logan warm.
Dave had the opportunity to take Savannah to her first Daddy Daughter Dance. There is a local church that hosts the dance every year. A lot of people from our church have a traditional of going so we decided to jump in on that tradition. Savannah was so excited to get dressed up, do her hair, and get her nails done. And even more excited to have her Daddy all to herself! Savannah loves her dad. She asks him everyday if he has to go to work and gets a little sad when he does, but on the weekends when he says he's staying home her whole face lights up with joy! She takes such good care of him. She makes sure he has his lunch, his backpack, and opens the door for him as he is leaving for work. And always remembers to give him kisses and tells him to have a good day. Its one of the sweetest things to witness.
Logan needed to be a part of the fun!
A little target run with Trevor and Savannah while Logan was at music class.
Logan's school had a winter festival and Elsa was a special guest. Savannah was so thrilled to see a princess in real life. Savannah went to "meet" Elsa at least three times.
There was some face painting.
Savannah was a cat.
Trevor got a pinecone and leaf. Interesting choices, but so him right now. He is into all things nature. Lately he has been asking to watch all non fiction shows on Netflix so he can learn more about nature. I kind of think he's just trying to convince me that he's "learning" so he can watch as many of those shows as possible.
Logan wanted to be a tiger!
We got to work on the classroom Valentine's a little early this year because Dave and I were going to be out of town on Valentine's Day.
Trevor picked animals, Logan picked animal face masks, and Savannah picked princesses.
I took the kids to library and Trevor checked out almost every book the library had about Gorillas. Logan got all the Lego Chima books he could find. Savannah grabbed every book she could see the cover of. They really love the library.
A few weeks ago Trevor was really into reptiles and Komodo Dragons, but now I guess he has moved onto Gorillas. I was able to volunteer in Trevor's classroom a couple times this month. He is always so excited when I come in. I really do enjoy being able to be there and interact with him and his classmates. Trevor told me one day that I was interrupting his day dreaming by sitting by him. Trevor was so excited it was finally fast Sunday. He immediately tried to go up to bear his testimony after the Bishop was finished, but someone got up there faster. He got so upset and stomped his feet back to our bench. Then Dave helped him calm down and he raced back up there. He started with a deep sigh into the microphone. Then He said he thought about gratitude because of something that happened at school. He said that someone at school opened all of their Christmas presents and then cried. So then he encouraged everyone to be grateful. It was a little random, but thought out and heartfelt.
I was reading a book to Logan and he asked me how I was reading. I explained all the letters make words to read. At the beginning of January I started a book with him called "How to Teach your Child to Read in 100 Lessons." He is doing really well with the book and is very interested in learning to read! After going back to school, one day when I picked Logan up he was holding an ice pack on his lip. He had ran into a classmate on the playground and cut his lip open. He kept the ice pack on there for almost an hour. He was so sad about his lip. Poor guy! Logan had pajama day at school this month and he was asking about it everyday for about two weeks before hand. He could not wait to wear his zip up batman pajamas. He thought is was so cool to see all of his classmates in pajamas too. Logan had a play date planned with his friend Cason. He had been waiting for about 20 minutes for his friend to show up and watching out the window when he started praying out loud that his friend would get there soon. Just as his prayer finished I got a text from Cason's mom saying they are running late but will be there soon. I thought it was so great Logan relied on prayer and so soon after the prayer we got an update on how soon they would be there. Then when I went to pick up Logan from Cason's house, his friend asked "Why do you want to live in Colorado?" Without hesitation Logan responded, "Because your so fun!" That just made me smile. Logan sure has a lot of love in his little body.
Savannah and I have been taking naps together in the afternoon. One day we sat down on the couch together in the afternoon and she fell asleep on my chest. Such a sweet and rare moment! There have been afternoons that I try to skip her nap, but then she just asks to go home and take her nap. So I have decided to be committed to her nap from now on until she stops asking for them. It has been a unique time with her because both of the boys are at school in the afternoon, It has been nice to be able to have a slower nap time routine and enjoy her company without trying to worry about other kids being home.

































No comments:
Post a Comment