Friday, March 30, 2018

March 2018

Happy Birthday to Savannah!
Savannah turned 3 on March 2nd. It is hard to believe we have already had her for 3 years! She is the happiest girl I know. She loves helping and serving others. She especially loves to help cook and prepare food. She is very thoughtful and concerned for others. She loves the days when her Daddy doesn't have to go to work and stays home with her all day. She is still a faithful napper during the week. The last couple months I have really learned to love and enjoy taking a nap with her. She loves to play with her brothers as long as they listen to her. She loves to go to church for mints and nursery. She has recently become an avid singer and song writer - AKA making up her own songs. We celebrated her birthday by going to Costco. When I asked her what she wanted to do, that's what she said was go to Costco. We also went to Chick Fil A for lunch. Then that evening she went to her first gymnastics class. The next day we invited some friends over for spaghetti and cupcakes. I am grateful for Savannah and the happiness she brings to my life. She is a sweet girl and tries her best to do what is right. 
Birthday Breakfast


Birthday Outfit





Birthday lunch at Chick Fil A

First Gymnastics Class




I found a gym that had a class for all three of the kids at the same time. They found each other in the middle of class and ran to each other to give hugs. The sweetest thing!









Birthday morning balloons



Birthday cupcakes

One of her gifts was a painting set and she LOVED it! She spent at least an hour working on her project.
We got tickets to the Colorado Eagles hockey game. It was super fun! The kids even got put on the big screen for their dance moves.

Logan and Savannah enjoying a drink in the backyard.
For spring break we tried to do some fun things around Fort Collins.
I took them to the Environmental Learning Center to explore and hike. They loved it! They loved exploring, climbing, running, and discovering new things. It was a really fun thing to do with them. The boys both made it across the river on the rocks and a giant tree. Logan found a crab claw and that was for sure a highlight of the day.










We got a fence put up around our backyard!

And we got a play set.

We went to the new park, Twin Silos, by our house for a picnic. Logan was "relaxing" for a minute.
We met up with some friends to shoot rockets and chase them. 


Savannah enjoying some chips and salsa. 

We went out for ice cream at Dairy Queen. 

Sleeping kids are the best. 

We got some new lights. Pendants over the island and a light for the dining area. Dave told me this was his ball and chain. ;)




As we were getting the kids to bed, Trevor really wanted to play Ticket to Ride, but we ran out of time. We talked about adding it to the calendar for tomorrow evening and then it would happen. Trevor accepted and so now we have it added to the calendar. Then right as I was tucking Logan into bed, he was asking if I could add reading Harry Potter #2 and the chapter, Gilderoy Lockhart to our calendar. We are reading Harry Potter and I was so impressed he could remember what chapter we are on. Logan has been coming along this year with his letters and reading. It is really exciting to see.
Bed time scripture videos with Dad.

Savannah's scary teeth
My buddy in the car.
I stopped by my visiting teaching companion's home to chat and the kids wanted to go inside. They quickly found her husband who was working that day from home. They went and sat on his lap and convinced him to find some lego ninjago videos for them. It was pretty funny and cute.
Logan's friend, Cason
We went to an Easter Egg Hunt as the Mason Farm. The kids got lots of candy filled eggs and played with chickens. Logan got about 15 eggs in his basket and said, "Ok that's good, I'm done!" Then he went to a picnic table and sat down to eat all of his candy.
Logan
Savannah
Logan and Cason
Savannah
Logan got about 15 eggs in his basket and said, "Ok that's good, I'm done!" Then he went to a picnic table and sat down to eat all of his candy.

It was also conference weekend. We tried to listen to as much as possible. I tried to take notes. I'm not sure who had my phone for this picture, but probably Savannah.
My parents came to town for Easter weekend and my birthday. We dyed hard boiled eggs that night and the kids got really excited about the colors. Sunday morning they woke up to hidden Easter baskets and presents. We spent a while finding all their things.

No comments: