Thursday, May 31, 2018

May 2018

I went on a field trip with Trevor's 2nd grade class to the National Center for Atmospheric Research. It was an interesting place. located in Boulder, Colorado. Trevor was excited that I could come and I was glad to be there. We played a thumb war tournament at least of the ride home on the bus. There was a pretty serious hail storm on the way home. 



Picnic lunch on the field trip.
Miss Savannah finding sunglasses.
We were able to finish our backyard the first weekend in May. Its so relieving to have it finished! Dave worked really hard and had a few guys come over and help. My parents were here helping too and we were so grateful to have helping hands!


I took Logan and Savannah to Windsor Lake today for a playdate. They had such a great time playing in the sand and the water. I am grateful we could go!



Nest building and relaxing


 I took Logan and Savannah to Lee Martinez Farm with some of our friends. They enjoyed being with friends and seeing the animals.




 I went to Logan's school for a Mother's Day program. He was so great! He came in from recess and it took him a minute to find me but it was fun to watch the anticipation on his face. he was hoc excited to see me and raced over once he found me. Logan is such a loving and caring boy. I really enjoyed being there with him!


 Logan and me after the Mother's Day program. 
 Savannah giving me kisses.
 It was Logan's turn for a date with mom. We went to the rec center to go swimming. It was so much fun! It was way fun to be able to have just one child to worry about in a pool. I got to play and splash with him. We both loved it! Then we went to lunch at Freddy's burgers.

 Afterwards we stopped at Sonic for slashes and Logan showed me how to get rid of a brain freeze. Best. Moment. Ever.
 Logan had bike day at school. He was thrilled because he had just learned how to ride his bike without training wheels. He's standing with his good buddy Jackson.

 Logan's preschool graduation!
I am so proud of him and how hard he worked this y ear. He has learned so much and is really ready for kindergarten. 
 Always trying to be silly and get a laugh.


 I love this sweet boy!



 Logan and his friend Nikolas
 Logan and his teacher, Ms. Quinones
 Trevor's missing his two front teeth.
 He had soccer practice tonight and told me he really wanted to walk to practice by himself. He was very motivated to be independent and he told me God would protect him. He is my most independent child and is a great helper and hard worker. Always willing to help and does best when is kept busy. 


 Trevor at a birthday party.
 Mud party...again...even with the backyard finished. They still find the mud!
They had a great time until it was time to hose them off. Trevor and Savannah were the most upset about the cold water. Logan just loved the cold water and getting sprayed. Dave said Logan needs to be a proctologist in Antartica. 

 Dinner on the porch after being sprayed off by the hose.
 New painting tools. Logan loved them!







 Trevor turns 8 years old!
Wow! I am so proud of him and I love him so much. He is so full of energy and spirit. He loves reading and learning new things. He is often found with his nose stuck in a encyclopedia type book or his new favorite is riding his bike. He is currently really into insects and arachnids. He prays every night that no more animals will become extinct or endangered. He is constantly giving us facts about animals and the environment. He has recently become concerned with recycling and protecting our environment. For his birthday he wanted  a nature party so we are going camping as a family. We are all very excited to celebrate Trevor this weekend. He is a sweet, loving boy and wears every emotion on his sleeve. I love him and feel blessed to be his mom.
 I joined Trevor for lunch at school for his birthday.

 Sitting with all of his friends.

 First night dinner while camping at the KOA

 Paddle boating at a family and a new friend the boys made while we were there.

 Bumper boats

 The kids discovered lots of rolly pollies at our campsite. Trevor got a bug catcher for his birthday so they were busy catching all the bugs.

 They had these awesome bikes at the KOA that you could use at anytime. We spent a lot of time riding bikes around the KOA. I didn't get a picture of everyone, but Savannah did really well riding around with everyone.
 We finished up our camping with dinner at Beau Jo's in Old Town. It was a great birthday weekend celebration with camping and so many fun activities at the KOA.
Some great clouds as we came home.

No comments: