Tuesday, July 31, 2018

July 2018


Savannah saying goodbye to Uncle Derek.

For the 4th of July we had the opportunity to go Nevada and play at the Brough Ranch. Dave has some second cousins that are ranchers in Wells, Nevada. They had a family reunion this year and it was super fun to go to the ranch. The kids had a great time running around and exploring. There were lots of other kids for them to play with. 

Wilde Brough took all the kids on a wagon ride with the horses.



Savannah loved to be right up front helping lead the horses with Wilde.
We were able to participate in the 4th of July parade. The Brough Ranch had a "float" that we rode on and threw out candy for the spectators. It was super fun!


Waiting for the parade to start...



After Nevada, we headed to Salt Lake for a visit with family and friends. We met Heidi and Monica at a splash park to play. 



Savannah was tired out after the splash park.
First day out on Grandpa's boat. The kids went for a tube ride all on their own!


Then a tube ride with Grandpa.



Uncle Kole and Logan surfing



Uncle Kole and Trevor surfing

We were trying to get Logan to get on Kole's shoulders. We tried a few times, but it didn't end up working out.



Uncle Kyle and Trevor surfing.



Kyle and the kids on the tube


We went to see The Incredibles 2 movie and on the way in we saw this for Hotel Transylvania 3. 







Me surfing









Playing dress up at Monica's house.

Having lunch at Chick Fil A

Logan turns 6!
We had a fun day. We went to the movies with his friends Jackson and Cason. We saw Ferdinand. It was cute and the kids enjoyed it. Then afterwards Cason's mom offered to have all three of my kids over. That was a really nice break and I was grateful for her kindness. Then Logan came home and took a bath with his new animal planet submarine toy. We got the kids McDonald's for dinner, Logan's choice and then headed to our soccer game. We ended the night with ice cream, candles, and singing happy birthday. Logan is a good kid with lots of energy and lots to say. Sometimes he becomes very loud, I think to get our attention over the other two kids. He is a great worker and is almost always willing to help. He does best when he has been given specific things to do. He really loves dogs and asks for one all the time. I love Logan and I am grateful to be his mom and watch him learn and grow!









We had our friends, Jared and Hannah White and their 4 kids, visit us from Atlanta. They were some of our good friends we met soon after we had moved to Georgia. Jared is a poet and Hannah is an accountant. They got here Wednesday morning and left Saturday afternoon. I think we all had a good time and enjoyed each other's company. We took the kids to Windsor lake one morning and had a great time. 



Then we hiked horsetooth falls. All the kids did pretty well hiking on their own.









The boys giving me a kiss attack.
I caught Trevor and Logan teaching each other how to play catch with a baseball and mitts. It was super cute to watch them figure it out together.


Trevor had an idea. He wanted to make a gliding suit. He asked me if we have some really strong fabric. I said possibly, but what do you need it for? He explained he needed my help to sew him something. I had to ask him a couple times to fully explain the project before I could say I can help him. He quickly gathered some clothing - this hooded jacket and sweat pants. He laid them out flat and began to explain where the strong fabric needed to go. He calmly explained the fabric would have to be tight when he spreads his legs. After his explanation bout the sliding suit, I asked him where he plans to test his gliding suit. With his pointer finger up and a smirky grin, he says I'm still thinking about that part. All I could think was, well at least he's thinking about that. Such a funny kid and so many creative thoughts on how to be like animals and have their special features or powers.
Just some silly snuggle time with Logan.


Savannah getting herself all dressed up.

No comments: